A Massage Therapy Program Designed to Ignite Your Passion
- Orientation and Professional Ethics – overview of the Academy’s massage program and general ethics
- Laws and Regulation –overview of Florida laws, rules and regulations in the relation to consumer protection for both health and economic matters.
- Skin Bacteriology, Sanitation, HIV, AIDS – The use of chemical agents and ultraviolet rays to sanitize implements and equipment in the salon and promote and protect food health in the community.
- Anatomy and Physiology: The body systems structure, including: circulation, gastrointestinal, integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, reproductive, urinary, and lymphatic.
- Basic Massage Theory and History: The benefits of massage and its effects on the body, qualifications for giving a good massage; equipment and materials; types of massage; basic strokes; general contraindications and parts of the body to avoid; selecting essential oils to enhance benefits and combat ailments, as well as the history of massage.
- Massage clinical practicum: The theories and applications of several pathologies and specific conditions are covered. How to assess and treat each condition with the signs and symptoms of each being addressed.
- Allied Modalities: The various modalities in the massage therapy field, the basics of several modalities and the ideas behind their value, and which modalities require advanced training or special certifications to practice.
- Theory and Practice of Hydrotherapy: The basic theory and practice, as well as indications and contraindications.
- Business Skills: The basics of planning, building, managing and growing a successful massage business.
- Medical Error Prevention: The implementation of simple precautions that can prevent most errors.
(Required 600 clock hours – Diploma upon completion)
Part-Time – Night Classes Available
AAC’s Massage Therapy Program prepares students for a successful career as a Massage Therapist. As a student, you will acquire an educational foundation of the practical and professional skills required to be successful in the field of massage. You will learn the skills and knowledge necessary for the field of Massage Therapy. You will exhibit comprehension of professional ethics, demonstrate safety and sanitation, and understand the rules and regulations of the institution, department, and State of Florida. This program is presented through lecture and hand on training using information boards, CD’s, Power Point, audio and visual equipment, question and answer sessions and test’s in practical and theory applications.